DUCTWORK INSTALLATION GUIDE
Introducing a completely current and innovative way to learn the basics of Ductwork and Furnace Installation! Featuring hundreds practical competencies, this “how to” guide has been carefully designed and thoroughly modernized to provide a complete learning system for the fundamentals and applications of core ductwork installation concepts. It combines straightforward theory lessons with useful “hands-on” opportunities for learning about the industries hottest topics, including installation in small and big houses and apartments, installation in basements and attics, rough-ins and finals, safety issues, and more. Enhancements to this edition include an updated tools and materials identification chart, new and improved pictures, revised installation techniques.
- The flexible format affords users the unique opportunity to learn ductwork installation fundamentals and applications either on an individual basis or in an instructional setting
- Practical competencies take readers step-by-step through specific installations, repair, and maintenance procedures and provide the hands-on training needed to work in ductwork installation field
- Theory lessons and practical competencies can be fine-tuned to meet specific training needs of local contractors, associations, or individual installers
This e-textbook was written and published in 2008 and significantly modified and improved in 2011.
In 2012 links to the International Code were added.
Currently I'm working for an HVAC Company that, among others, is a contractor for Pulte Homes Company. I'm working for this company since May 2013 and generated the best practices of their unique way of ductwork installation. Hundreds of new photos were taken and inserted in many chapters of my Ductwork Installation Guide book and if you are serious to become the best in your company I highly recommend you to take a look at these chapters (chapters updated since May 2013; see below).
All possible ductwork installation tips and tricks were added to the full version of the book.
However, if you are already purchased this book in the past, in the process of purchasing it now or planning to purchase this book in the future at least once in three month please come back to the Chapter-by-Chapter Description of the Contents pages (2) to check out for updates.
"Ductwork Installation Guide" is written in the Microsoft Word and it works in both: PC and Mac. The book has 63 chapters and all chapters are available separately.
If you will purchase the “Rough-in” part of the book for $44.99, you are going to have 826photos, including tools, materials and installation on 346 pages.
If you will purchase the “Basement” part of the book for $54.99, you are going to have 1571 photos, representing all stages of installation on 801 pages.
If you will purchase the “Ductwork Installation Guide” as a whole for $98.99, you are going to have 2397 photos, including tools, equipment, materials and installation on 1147 pages, plus Ductwork Installation Tips and Tricks – 45 of them, $9.99 value absolutely free!
- If you are a homeowner who is doing remodeling of his/her house, you will have more than enough information to get the gob done right!
- If you are an apprentice or an experienced HVAC installer you are also going to get everything what you need to become the best in your company.
- If you are an HVAC contractor and you will train your employees in these skills, you will provide them with the tools they need to perform to the best of their ability.
After you have purchased a paid access page; PayPal is going to bring you back to my website. In order to see the paid page you have to click on the “Register” button, fill out the form, choose your own Username and Password and click on the “Register” button at the bottom of the form – congratulation, you are now on the page you have paid for!
Important: After you have purchased any Paid page or Download page and PayPal brought you back to my website, the first thing that you should do is to save that page to your Favorites. Then if something goes wrong you always can come back to re-register yourself on my website again.
This is an on-line version of the book. No CD version is available at this time.
Chapters available online:
|ROUGH-IN (Chapter-by-Chapter Description of the Contents 1)
1. Introduction, Tools and Equipment
2. Architectonic Features of House
3. House Mark Out
5. Heat Runs, Bath Box Installation in Interior Wall
6. Bath Box Installation in Exterior Wall
7. High Wall Heat
8. Bath Box Working for Tow Rooms
9. Oval Stack Installation, Oval Stack in Exterior Wall
10. Bath Box Situated in Parallel to Oval Stack
11. Bath Box Disposed Perpendicular to Oval Stack
12. Bath Box Situated Right above Oval Stack
13. Hooking up to Floor Box
14. Oval Stack Situated in Interior Wall
15. Oval Stack in Wall between Two Joists
16. Oval Stack in Wall Perpendicular to Joists
17. Hooking up Oval Stack to Toe Kick 90*
18. Uncommon Cases of Oval Stack Installation
19. Cold Air Return Installation
20. Cold Air Frames Installation
21. Blockers Installation
22. Uncommon Cases in Installation of Air Return
23. Bath Fan Exhausts
24. Bath Fans Installation
25. Uncommon Cases of Bath Fan Exhausts
26. Dryer Vent
27. Kitchen Exhaust
28. Fresh Air Cap Installation
29. Venting of Furnace
30. Thermostat Wiring
31. Firestop Insulation
32. Temporary Furnace Suspension
BASEMENT (Chapter-by-Chapter Description of the Contents 2)
Preparation of Workplace
34. Sheeting (Panning)
35. Variants Sheeting Installation from Cold Air Return Duct
36. Double Sheeting
37. Furnace Installation
38. Plenum Installation
39. Ductwork Installation
40. Cold Air Return Duct Installation
41. Suplly Duct Installation
42. Calculation and Manufacturing Off-set and Riser
43. Heat Runs Installation
44. Jumper Installation
45. Application of 8” Pipes and Fittings
46. Basement Heats
47. Fresh Air, Combustion Air
48. Microwave Hood, Jenn-air, Kitchen Hood
50. Condencate Line, Venting and Condensate
Line for Comfortmaker and Aire-Flo furnaces
51. Humidifier Installation
52. Registers and Grills Installation
53. Thermostat Installation
54. Finishing Basement
55. Installation of Heating System in Big Houses
56. Air Handler Installation
57. Underground Ductwork
58. Garage Heaters
59. Furnace Change-out
60. Correcting Mistakes
61. Safety Techniques
62. Uncommon Cases
Ductwork Installation Tips and Tricks (45) - added to the full version of the Ductwork Installation Guide book.
The latest update: 04/20/2019
HVAC Quality Installation Specification
This is the place where the people who have purchased one of my books can say "Thank You", join others and show their accomplishments in the field of ductwork installation!